Weekend Gateways Near Delhi
We all need an occasional break from our humdrum lives. A weekend break can be a mini-vacation that can rejuvenate our batteries. There are many options for weekend gateways near Delhi. You can opt for a historical, adventurous, wildlife, a scenic or a spiritual retreat. Here is our list of places to visit near Delhi
- Agra is a popular place for people planning a weekend trip from Delhi. Located 233.1 km from Delhi. Agra is home to the iconic Taj Mahal, the city is steeped in Mughal History. Monuments such as the Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, Itimad-ud-Daulah’s tomb, Mehtab Bagh. You can feast on the Agra specialties of Dal Moth and Peth or enjoy shopping in the local markets.
- Jaipur is the capital of Rajasthan and is part of the Golden Triangle located 288 km from the capital. Jaipur or the pink city will provide a marvelous glimpse into the grandeur of a bye-gone era. The Amber Fort, Jaigarh Fort, Nahargarh Fort, and Jantar Mantar are must-visits. Hawa Mahal located in the heart of the city has a distinctive architecture. Jaipur is a shopaholics paradise and has some beautiful handicraft and traditional jewelry.
- Shimla is one of the best places to visit near Delhi. The hill station is one of the best Himachal Pradesh has to offer. At an altitude of 220 m above sea-level, the town has many attractions. The Kalka-Shimla Toy train can provide an enjoyable ride and allow you to enjoy the beautiful terrain. The Jakho temple is an ancient Hanuman temple believed to contain his footprint. The Christ church the second oldest church in North India is interesting. The hill station has many viewing points showing a panoramic view of the mountains. Adventure enthusiasts can enjoy white water rafting and trekking. At a distance of 342.9 km from Delhi, the scenic hill station will charm you.
- Jim Cobert National Park is a popular destination to plan your weekend Trip from Delhi the oldest and best national partkin in the country. Wildlife safaris are offered twice a day. The park is home to 650 spices of wildlife and migratory birds. The park is home to Bengal tiger. The park 279 km from Delhi is inescapable for any wildlife enthusiast.
- Rishikesh will rejuvenate you spiritually. Located in the foothills of the Ganga, Rishikesh is dotted with Ghats and temples. The Ganga Arti in the evening is a spellbinding experience. Located 267.7 km from Delhi the town also offers white water rafting and trekking.