Weekend Gateways Near Mumbai
Mumbai is a bustling metropolitan city with a fast-paced life. Everyone needs to break free from their hectic lives. Located near the Western Ghat and near the Konkan coast, there are endless possibilities to plan a weekend trip from Mumbai. Here is our list of places to visit near Mumbai
- Mahabaleshwar is a quiet hill station near Mumbai. The green hill station was once the summer capital for the Bombay province is 263 km from the city. Mahableshwar has many activities such as horse riding and trekking for adventure enthusiasts. The Mapro Garden, Venna lake and Pratapgarh are popular tourist destinations. Panchgani a hill station 69 km from Mahableshwar,is known for a large volcanic plateau called Table Land. The hill station gets its name from five hills that form the Sahyadri and is called the twin city of Mahableshwar.
- Lonavala and Khandala are one of the best places to visit near Mumbai. The romantic hill station has forts, caves, dams, and beautiful waterfalls during the monsoon. 93 km from the Mumbai the twin hill resorts have been made immortal by the famous Aamir khan song.
- Nashik is one of the holiest cities in Maharashtra it is also the wine capital of India. The city is dotted with temples and is one the bank of the River Godavari and is one of the host cities of the Kumb Mela. The city also has the oldest and finest wineries in the country including the famous Sula winery. 167 km from Mumbai, Nashik offers you a varied experience.
- Ratnagiri home to Alphanoso Mango is a perfect weekend gateway near Mumbai. Ratnagiri has some beautiful forts, temples and the best beaches. Located 346 km from Mumbai tourists can visit mango plantation and feast on the delicious coastal cuisine.
- Murud Janjira is a tiny coastal village in Raigad district. Murud Janjira is an iconic fort that stands on a small island. According to legend, the fort could never be captured. The picturesque fort is accessed via boats has a unique architecture. There are many beaches worth visiting near the coastal village. The coastal village is 148 km from Mumbai is surrounded by pristine landscape and is dotted with palm and coconut trees.